Sunday 27th September 2020
Maam Cross: -, Connemara, Ireland
The Connemarathon is one of the world’s most scenic events, set in the dramatic scenery of the west of Ireland. 2020 will mark its nineteenth year in running, growing in numbers each year from 73 runners to our sell out point, in excess of 3,000 runners. The next Connemarathon will take place on Sunday 27th September 2020. See you on the start line!
The key to the event's success has been its ability to offer a unique package of experience. The popular sport of long-distance running is transformed for runners and walkers in the dramatic setting of mountains, glacier lakes, rugged green-brown landscape which winds in and around the challenging mountain wilderness of Galway in the west of Ireland. The course meanders past bogs, hills, lakes, and the Twelve Pin mountains rising up over the great expanse of Killary Lough, through the quiet village of Leenane, around the Maam Turk Mountains and all the way back up to Maam Cross. International participants enjoy the Irish welcome, the sense of comradeship on the lonely route and unmistakable buzz throughout the day. No other sporting event sends people away with such a taste of Ireland and all its highlights.
The entry fee covers:
– bus transfer from Galway, Oughterard and Clifden directly to race start.
– the race, including all the usual race support along the route.
– 250ml sports cap bottles of water every 3 miles approx.
– toilets at the start, finish and every 3 miles.
– the elation of finishing one of the world’s truly magical marathon experiences.
– your finisher’s medal.
– your finisher’s tee shirt.
– lots of fruit and yet more water at the finish.
– post race refreshments in Peacockes Hotel.
– buses back to Clifden, Oughterard and Galway.
See www.connemarathon.com for all race info.
Moy Road, Kinvara